Get A Facebook Badge

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Writing My Book On Barter

I'm not working too hard, but I am blogging and video blogging from Bolongo Bay St. Thomas (U.S. Virgin Islands). My entire vacation, six nights in one of the 10 most beautiful places to stay in the Virgin Islands, our meals, and last night's sunset cruise are all paid for with 100% BARTER! And to demonstrate the power of barter (and to be able to legitimately write off this trip as a real business expense) I am working on my book, "Barter Is A Guaranteed Sale!" and recording the promotional videos on location. This setting would inspire anyone, but experiencing all of this without writing a check or putting it on my credit card is the ultimate icing on the cake. If you own a business it's really smart in a tough economy, and it's easy and fun (most of the time--my book will help you navigate the not-so-fun parts).

As I type, I am sitting on the beach, not 25 feet from the water, connected wirelessly to all my friends and family via WiFi and Dell. I'm listening to Jars of Clay (thank you Stephan :) on my iPod, typing on my blogger page and peeking over my laptop screen to watch huge pelican's dive bomb into the water for fish! (I'm trying to capture that on video, if I do, I'll post it)

Steve is out at sea, scuba diving an old ship wreck. I'll snorkel later, but I don't scuba dive (I got the bends--is that how it's spelled?--years ago on my first dive and it took more than three years for my joints to stop aching--no thank you!)

More later, I promise!


Debbie

4 comments:

hdv@live.nl said...

Wow Debbie, (contact via Twitter) so nice to read this. As no other I completely understand your pleasure. I could write a book also. Bartering I do (with my wife) every year for 2 or 3 months during our winter (summer in South-Africa! Been there and to other hotspots for past 20 years. In exchange we do photography and make YT webclips. So you know ... if you help us getting into some nice hotspots we can help you in your business barterbased of course! :-) We would like to go to some luxury hotel in Hawaii (big island and others) or make a cruise over there in September/October when whales are out there. Please see the places where we have been to for the past 10 years all Barter Based! http://tinyurl.com/rc3t8h
Kind regards and hope we can do some Barter business! Kind Regards from Holland
Lidy and Jan van der Meer
Zandvoort (Amsterdam-Beach)
www.global-dvc.org

P.S. Could also make a documentary about your Barter adventures!
See our latest clips from our trip to Bali this year on our Bali Channel: www.vimeo.com/bali

Unknown said...

Dear Debbie I am Man Maid in Holland! I barter YT clips of clean villas in Hawaii for luxury accomodations. Help me please :-) http://twitter.com/globaldvc

Unknown said...

Dear Debbie I am Man Maid in Holland! I barter YT clips of clean villas in Hawaii for luxury accomodations. Help me please :-) http://twitter.com/globaldvc

Debbie Sardone said...

So glad you liked it. Barter is really fun and smart business!